Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IPS Device

From: "Consolvo, Corbett D" <cc72 () TXSTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:42:33 -0500

Tipping Point (which we use) has been a great tool, I don't think you can go wrong with that vendor.  It's not quite as
customizable or inexpensive as Snort, but that comes down to a time versus money issue for us especially when you begin
to deploy more than two or three sensors.  I will throw in that I think Nitro has the best interface, though.
Thanks,
Corbett