Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IPS Device

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:29:11 -0400

We have an ISS Proventia setup that filters all network segments at Mary
Baldwin College.  We purchased this setup this before IBM bought them
out, and can say the product seems to have gone downhill since then with
far more issues than ever before.  Seems all IBM wants to talk about is
'hosted' services these days.