Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SSL Certificates

From: "Rowe, Ken" <kenrowe () UILLINOIS EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:11:14 -0500

Web servers running in operational (not development) environment must have an official certificate.
We would not allow a trial certificate, especially when dealing with (HIPAA-restricted?) sensitive data.

Ken.
==
Ken Rowe
Director of Enterprise Systems Assurance and Information Security
University Office of Administrative Information Technology Services
University of Illinois
50 Gerty Drive, MC-673
Champaign, IL 61820
E kenrowe () uillinois edu