Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: outrageous DNS queries of isatap.mshome. from Residential Network.

From: Michael Sinatra <michael () RANCID BERKELEY EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:10:28 -0800

On 03/04/09 12:15, Gary Flynn wrote:
Michael Sinatra wrote:

We have generally had good luck in getting folks participating in
these events to upgrade to SP1.

Just FYI,

We were considering deploying SP1 ( and xpsp3 ) through WSUS.
We distributed SP1 to a pilot group in IT through WSUS and had
several people complain about excessive installation times
( > 2 hours in a couple cases ) and performance decreases
after the fact. Still looking into it but thought I'd share.

I have had SP1 installed since 8/2008 (according to update history) and
haven't had any problems on my Windows Vista machine.  OTOH, Vista is
not my primary workstation, and I just RDP into it when I need to run a
particular application.

michael