Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: outrageous DNS queries of isatap.mshome. from Residential Network.

From: Ken Connelly <Ken.Connelly () UNI EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:08:28 -0600

http://listserv.educause.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind08&L=NETMAN&P=R84194

quickest fix, have the problem children disable IPv6.

- ken

schilling wrote:
Hi All,

In recent days, we have been seeing thousands of DNS queries of
isatap.mshome. from certain hosts in our Residential Network. They
will just keep asking the same questions over and over again, even
non-domain is returned.

Could somebody offer some clue on this?

Thanks.

Schilling

--
- Ken
Ken Connelly             Associate Director, Security and Systems