Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Pen Test vendors

From: Sarah Stevens <sarah () STEVENS-TECHNOLOGIES COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:17:19 -0800

The "card brand" sets the standard for how annual validation must be conducted.  All card brands EXCEPT JCB allow an
internal auditor of the firm to conduct the annual on site evaluation IF an OFFICER of the merchant company signs off
on the review.  JCB says that the annual on site must be conducted by a QSA.

Quarterly scanning MUST be completed by an ASV, in all cases.

This is very fresh in my mind, as I just completed my annual validation from the PCI Council.

Sarah Stevens, CISSP, QSA
Stevens Technologies, Inc.

Sarah E Stevens
Stevens Technologies, Inc.