Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Pen Test vendors

From: Mike Waller <mwaller.distro () GMAIL COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:46:11 -0500

If you really want good pen testing, you can always go with companies like
Verisign, Sunera or BT INS. They are all very good, very thorough and very
professional.

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Anand S Malwade <Anand.Malwade () shu edu>wrote:

Hello All,

We want to conduct an independent Penetration Testing to evaluate the
effectiveness of our controls. Can anyone recommend a good Vendor that you
may have worked with in the past that really know their stuff and exploit
vulnerabilities discovered?  There are many rookies out there who just
print Nessus or Nmap scan output which we can do ourselves.

Thanks,

Anand

Anand Malwade

Information Security Officer,