Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: key topics to include in security awareness training materials

From: "Peterman, Martin (mdp4s)" <mdp4s () VIRGINIA EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:43:09 -0500

Hi Leon,

We go to the people and educate.  We have as many as three people presenting at one time, sometimes less.

We do have policy about our sensitive data, but no policy concerning use of social online networks.  We have not
encountered the scenario of someone sharing University data on these sites.  Our policy states that our data must be on
our systems.

Thanks for asking,
Marty

Marty Peterman, CISSP
peterman () virginia edu
Information Security Analyst
Information Security, Policy, and Records Office (ISPRO)
Office of the Vice President/CIO
University of Virginia, 2400 Old Ivy Rd.                 Phone  434.243.4909
Box 400898, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4898               Fax    434.243.9197
http://www.itc.virginia.edu/security/