Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Pen Test vendors

From: randy marchany <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:22:17 -0500

The crew at InGuardians,com are excellent. www.inguardians.com is the
www site. Their staff include current and former SANS instructors and
authors, the author of the La Brea tarpit IDS.

Randy

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Anand S Malwade <Anand.Malwade () shu edu> wrote:

Hello All,

We want to conduct an independent Penetration Testing to evaluate the
effectiveness of our controls. Can anyone recommend a good Vendor that you
may have worked with in the past that really know their stuff and exploit
vulnerabilities discovered?  There are many rookies out there who just print
Nessus or Nmap scan output which we can do ourselves.

Thanks,

Anand

Anand Malwade

Information Security Officer,