Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Dragonfly

From: "Kellogg, Brian D." <bkellogg () SBU EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:27:06 -0400

Our athletics department uses it as well.  We have it placed in a
restricted/secured VLAN and have also used our Packetshaper to limit and
de-prioritize traffic to and from it.  Despite what Dragonfly says it is
essentially a P2P application and therefore, in my opinion, should be
treated as such.

Thanks,

Brian