Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Youtube error message

From: "Scholz, Greg" <gscholz () KEENE EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:30:14 -0400

But the IP the world sees for each end user doesn't change unless you
nat them. In a nat scenario each packet leaving the network would be
nated appropriately for the ISP link it is destined to exit. Correct?

We have 2 ISP links that are load balanced but no nat so user IP x.x.x.x
stays x.x.x.x not matter which link it goes out or what YouTube server
the user hits.

Thank you,
Gregory R. Scholz
Director of Telecommunications