Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FYI: Another round of spear Phishing

From: Paul Russell <prussell () ND EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:42:08 -0400

On 7/2/2008 12:01 PM, Lucas, Bryan wrote:
I think you're exactly correct, the method doesn't particularly matter.
> (e.g. our attacks have been through Outlook Web Access).  We are
> implementing more user education and also utilizing this list
> (http://catalist.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=HIED-EMAILADMIN&H=LISTSERV.ND.EDU)
> in our spam filters, but I don't know how frequently it is updated.

This is an active discussion list with several phish-related messages per
day for the past several weeks.  One of the subscribers started a Google
Code project to collect phish reply-to addresses in a single location.

Direct link to HiEd-EmailAdmin list archives
http://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=hied-emailadmin

Direct link to Google Code anti-phishing-email-reply project
http://code.google.com/p/anti-phishing-email-reply/

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team