Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA madness from NBC/Universal...??

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:00:42 -0500

At 12:17 PM 7/2/2008, John Lupton put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
Last evening we received a raft of DMCA takedown notices from NBC/Universal.
Virtually all of them contained claimed infringement dates/times going back
to May 4 - 19, i.e., pretty old. More than that, though, there were numerous
instances where the same complaint was sent as many as three times, so for
example, what appears to be 40 complaints actually pares down to 15 or so.

Just our good luck, or is anyone else seeing this?

It's been relatively quiet here.  (and I hope it stays that way)

Do these people actually know what they're doing?

No comment.  ;-)

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.