Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New student username/password

From: Greg Francis <francis () GONZAGA EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:52:38 -0700

We send all incoming students (those paying deposits) a letter
welcoming to the university on the behalf of IT. In that letter, we
provide them their username and password along with their e-mail
information, information on purchasing computers, etc. This letter
typically goes out mid-May. We've done this for about five years and
it has worked really well for us.

Greg

Greg Francis
Director, CCNSS