Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: .edu email phishing

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:12:59 -0400

Tim, if you are running Barracuda (Spam Assassin) with ClamAV, check out
Sane Security's Phishing and Scam signatures.  They do a great job of
catching these phishing messages and most of the others out there (like
eBay, banks, etc.)   Just schedule an update to run periodically.

http://www.sanesecurity.co.uk/clamav/downloads.htm

Winders, Timothy A wrote:
Thanks, Jesse.

I see that you are the owner of that project.  Is there a way to
automatically incorporate that list into anti-X products?  In my case
specifically, we use the Barracuda antivirus appliance.  While I can
manually enter the email addresses, keeping it updated and current
over time seems a monumental task.

Tim Winders | Associate Dean of Information Technology | South Plains
College