Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Exchange and AD

From: "Shamblin, Quinn (shamblqn)" <shamblqn () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:46:09 -0400

Hello everyone,

I would like to understand the approaches that different organizations use for a certain aspect of Identity Management.

For those of you out there that are running Exchange and use Active Directory to manager your accounts, how are you
expiring your user accounts?  How do you manage the expiry of normal users, yet have system or shared accounts that do
not expire?

I apprciate any window you can give me on your approach.  Thanks,

Regards,

Quinn R. Shamblin
  - UC InfoSec - CISSP, GCFA, PMP - (513) 556-0803 - quinn.shamblin () uc edu