Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

EAP TLS over wireless query

From: Theresa Semmens <theresa.semmens () NDSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:54:44 -0500

NDSU is contemplating using EAP TLS for IMAP email being sent over insecure
wireless connections.   Are there any institutions currently doing this?  If
so how are you handling it for Macs and Linux based machines?  Are any of
you using IMAP over TLS for unsecured wireless? Can you share with me a
project plan, issues to confront, and anything that would be of value or
benefit.  You may reply offline if you like. Thank you.

Theresa Semmens, CISA
NDSU IT Security Officer
North Dakota State University
Fargo, ND 58103
701.231-5870
Theresa.Semmens () ndsu edu

"If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But
when I believe I can, I acquire the ability to do it, even if I did not have
the ability in the beginning."      Mahatma Gandhi