Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: using live Production as sandbox for training

From: Kevin Shalla <kshalla () UIC EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 08:25:00 -0500

Much of the training we do in our office is one-on-one, on-the-job,
and gets the work done.  In other words, here's the training:
1) get a stack of files
2) log in to the database
3) open the first file folder
4) go to screen ABCDE
5) look at this, and type it in there, and see if you find a matching record
6) if so, proceed by going to screen CDEFG, if not, go to screen WXYZ.
We even sometimes do this in a classroom setting - everyone brings a
stack of work to do, then they follow along as the instructor shows
them what to do.  The work gets done and the training takes place at
the same time