Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Encrypted Thumbdrives

From: Richard Hopkins <Richard.Hopkins () BRISTOL AC UK>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:10:22 +0100

 <1915881044-1208550999-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-1544017987- () bxe119 bisx prod on.blackberry>
             A<480CC808.3010605 () doit wisc edu>
 <3B90EA2727B44B4BB6B09267749DD1F65048AB () EXCHANGEVS-02 ad wsu edu>
Originator-Info: login-token=Mulberry:01k3fDjPbaNfbGuDz2wfnd8PXL2Tmv0wXt8e7Q4TywwfalOPc=;
 token_authority=postmaster () bristol ac uk

Computerworld recently (March 3rd) published a review of 7 secure USB=20
drives:

<http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=3DprintArticleBasic&=
articleId=3D9062527>

Their conclusion was:

"Overall, however, the IronKey's numerous security features --=20
hardware-based encryption, random password generator, two-factor=20
authentication, secure Web browsing, and self-destruct mechanism -- along=20
with its longer-life, single-level cell NAND memory, put it over the top as =

the highest quality, most secure drive of the bunch."

(I've been using one for a few months.)

Richard

--On 21 April 2008 13:47 -0700 "Avdagic, Indir" <indir_avdagic () WSU EDU>=20