Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Encrypted Thumbdrives

From: Stephen Gill <gillsr () CYMRU COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:21:35 -0700

I've heard good things about these.

https://www.ironkey.com/

Watch the demo.  I particularly like the self-destruct and apoxy protection
features.

-- steve

On 4/18/08 1:18 PM, "Bombard, Charles L" <Charles.Bombard () CCV EDU> wrote:

Have you looked at a particular product? Have one you really like?

I am wondering what other people have found in looking at USB
thumbdrives that have built in encryption and/or have utilized software
based encryption such as truecrypt that can be included on the drives
un-encrypted area.

I am currently demo'ing a SafeStick Business edition thumbdrive.

I will be looking at a truecrypt solution too.

I thought there had been a discussion about this a while back but I
could not find it in the archives.

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

-Charlie

Charles Bombard, GSEC

LAN/Systems Administrator

Community College of Vermont

119 Pearl Street

Burlington, VT 05401

802.657.4234

bombardc () ccv edu <mailto:bombardc () ccv edu>

PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the designated
recipient only and may contain privileged, confidential, or otherwise
private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of an email
received in error is prohibited.

--
Stephen Gill, Chief Scientist, Team Cymru
http://www.cymru.com | +1 312 924 4023 | gillsr () cymru com