Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Encrypted Thumbdrives

From: Michael Sana <msana () HPU EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:07:16 -1000

Aloha,

I am curious to those who responded to this post:

1.       Are you recommending or mandating users to use encryption
mechanisms on removable media?

2.       For those who are mandating, how are you addressing the age old
question of key management in the event an end user forgets their key?

Thanks for the insight!

mike.sana.