Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: AV - Full scans or On Access Scans

From: "Jenkins, Matthew" <matthew.jenkins () FAIRMONTSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:47:53 -0400

What if a machine could be hibernated, restarted with the lightweight
OS, scanned, and then brought back out of hibernate mode.  I suppose you
would still have to worry about network and/or computing activity being
interrupted during that time, especially for servers.

Matt

Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator
Fairmont State University