Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Blacklisted by Hotmail

From: Harrold Ahole <madman () MYEASTSIDE COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:59:59 -0800

Hi Tim. Yes we ran into this last year at TLU with the same response
from Hotmail. I did not like the idea of having to subscribe (it kind
of felt like paying "extortion" money) but we decided to give it a
shot to see if it would make any difference. So far it has and we have
not been "blacklisted" by Hotmail since. I am still uneasy in that if
Yahoo, gmail, aol or others start requiring other subscription
services it could easily get out of hand.
Around what ballpark amount was it?  Is it a one time fee or annual?

Harry