Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Blacklisted by Hotmail

From: Tim Lane <tlane () SCU EDU AU>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:51:04 +1100

Hi,

Has anyone experienced being blacklisted by Hotmail?  In order to remove our
current "blacklisting" we have been advised by Hotmail that we need to
subscribe to their outsourced 'Sender Score Certified Program', however
actually talking with anyone at Hotmail about the issue and its resolution
is proving extremely challenging.

If anyone has had any experience with dealing with Hotmail on this level any
advice/recommendations would be appreciated as this is now severely
impacting our core business as many students have their email forwarded to
Hotmail, and we are therefore unable to send an email to them.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Lane

Information Security Program Manager