Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: What companies do a good security audit/review

From: "St Clair, Jim" <Jim.StClair () GT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:56:01 -0400

Hi Mark,

Are you considering a technical review, risk assessment, or compliance
audit (or a combination)? Each one can be considered a discrete
evaluation, and LOTS of firms (to include mine) offer these services.
Each firm also has their strengths and weaknesses, and can offer
different experience or perspective.

Have you defined what the products or deliverables are to be from the
assessment, and do you need the products to support other IT security
requirements?

Happy to discuss more off-list, if desired.

Cheers,

James A.St.Clair, CISM, PMP
Sr. Manager
Global Public Sector