Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: What companies do a good security audit/review

From: Darwin Macatiag <DMacatiag () MTSAC EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:47:18 -0700

Hi Mark,

If you're interested, I can put you in direct contact with Secure Logic
Solutions: http://logicsecuritysolutions.com/index.html.  They perform a
wide range of security audits.

In the interest of full disclosure, I worked as a web application code
auditor for them in the past so my views may be jaded.

Thanks,
Darwin

Mark Berman <Mark.I.Berman () WILLIAMS EDU>
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
03/14/2008 05:16 AM
Please respond to
The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>

SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
cc

Subject
[SECURITY] What companies do a good security audit/review

Hi all,

I am trying to send out an RFP for a security review/audit here at
Williams. I have a couple of consulting companies that I?ve heard good
things about whom I will include in the RFP distribution, but I would like
a wider selection. The two I know about now are Bearhill and Akibia. I?ve
heard through the grapevine that many companies that do this kind of work
are not doing a very good job due to personnel constraints (too much
demand for security experts these days).

SO: Do you know of any vendors that I should include on my list? Any
vendors I should specifically NOT include? Any negative word on the two
companies I already have on my list (negative because what I?ve heard so
far is positive).

Any help will be much appreciated.

 - Mark
--
Mark Berman, Director for Networks & Systems
Williams College, Office for Information Technology