Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall recommendations

From: "Constantakos, William" <wcon () CONNCOLL EDU>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 06:57:07 -0500

If you have a Cisco 6500 with a available slot take a look at the Cisco 6500 FWSM as an alternative to inline
firewalls, we migrated to it from 3 NetScreen firewalls and are very pleased.
We also use a ASA for our VPN needs and comparing it's firewall capabilities to the FWSM is apples and oranges.

William Constantakos, CCNA
Systems Administrator
Connecticut College
wcon () conncoll edu