Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Security

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:57:58 -0400

Thanks Gene.  As always I appreciate your view and response on items!

One of my biggest fears is to have one of the national news agencies show
this card on TV and then pan to a shot of me where they proceed to ask the
question "why did your department allow the University to do this".....  my
second biggest fear is having to answer the same question from anyone who
was the victim of a crime due to someone stealing their "password card".

-Kevin

Kevin L. McLaughlin
CISM, CISSP, PMP, ITIL Master Certified
Director, Information Security
University of Cincinnati
513-556-9177 (w)
513-703-3211 (m)
513-558-ISEC (department)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and its content is confidential,
intended solely for the addressee, and may be legally privileged. Access to
this message and its content by any individual or entity other than those
identified in this message is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail may be
unlawful. Any action taken or omitted due to the content of this message is
prohibited and may be unlawful.