Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: E-mail Account Termination Length

From: "Bostic, Greg K. (HSC)" <Greg-Bostic () OUHSC EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:14:53 -0500

We at OUHSC have a policy that allows us to terminate access to all
account resources for faculty and staff immediately upon leaving the
university. Faculty may request an exception through their Dean and if
approved the Dean will send the request to our IT VP for final approval
or rejection. As an afterthought, our students are allowed to keep their
email account for 3 months after graduation.

Greg Bostic

Information Security Analyst

The University of Oklahoma HSC

Office :(405)271-2476 | Fax:(405)271-2181 | Cell:(405) 343-0847

http://it.ouhsc.edu/services/infosecurity
<http://it.ouhsc.edu/services/infosecurity>

Throughout human history, we have been dependent on

machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

Confidentiality Notice

This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information from the
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, which may be confidential
or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited.

immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all
electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.