Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Don't Display Last Username??

From: "Abreu, Jose A" <jaabreu () MIAMI EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:03:01 -0400

You hide the user name by defining a security policy setting. You can define the setting locally or inherit the setting
through the domain security policy. If the policy is defined at both locations, the domain policy takes precedence and
overrides the local policy. Here's how:
1) Open the Administrative Tools folder in the Control Panel and then open the Local Security Policy object.
2) Expand the Local Policies/Security Options branch.
3) Double-click the setting Do Not Display Last User Name In Logon Screen.
4) Click Enabled, then click OK and close the Local Security Settings console.

The change will take effect at the next logon.