Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fw: PCI Compliance Policies

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:35:38 -0500

At 01:56 PM 7/19/2007, Brad Judy put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
I'm sorry, but saying you "don't like to promote your services" does not
make an advertisement into an informational note.  Removing all
references to your product/services is the proper direction to take, not
attaching a service flyer and plugging your services in the message as
well.

This is out of line for this list IMO and isn't the first time this
issue has arisen with this company IIRC.

I agree that Nick's response was really nothing more than
a shameless self promotion.  I would personally never consider
using Rapid7 for anything, and would encourage others to
do the same.  Hit them in the wallet, and maybe they'll
get the message.

That being said, wouldn't it be nice if we could ban
vendors who abuse their privileges here.  I know one
I would suggest we start with.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.