Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Fw: PCI Compliance Policies

From: Nick Fasano <Nick_Fasano () RAPID7 COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:53:07 -0400

As a PCI vendor, I do not want to promote my services or my organization
but I think information is key.  Rapid7 LLC is an ASV (Authorized Scanning
Vendor) for PCI compliance.  The PCI  security council requires vendors to
standardize their services around PCI and pass some serious test in the
MasterCard Security Lab in Europe.  There are some very basic requirements
that merchants need to follow that take card data:

1. Quarterly vulnerability scans performed by an ASV.
2. Annual Penetration test performed by a third party vendor.

Your qtrly scans need to follow the PCI standard templates and are
provided to your Acquiring Bank or processor.  The ASV is required to
provide this data to you (as a merchant) as well.

Rapid7 offers 2 types of services around PCI.  1. Is a managed service
approach with Professional Services running the quarterly scans.  2. A
self service portal that a merchant can run the third party scans on their
own: pci.rapid7.com

Nick Fasano
Rapid7 LLC
617 247 1717 Office
857 288 7411 Direct IP Phone
866 7 RAPID7 (866 772 7437)
781 640 7945 Mobile
617 507 6488 Fax
nick_fasano () rapid7 com

http://www.rapid7.com/pressreleases/carnegiemellon.jsp
NeXpose - Winner of SC Magazine Awards "Best Vulnerability Management"
Product of 2007.

----- Forwarded by Nick Fasano/Rapid7/US on 07/19/2007 01:41 PM -----

Theresa M Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
07/19/2007 01:30 PM