Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Software for Tracking Security Incidents

From: Jonny Sweeny <jsweeny () IU EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:58:14 -0400

There is also RT: Request Tracker from Best Practical Solutions, LLC
(Somerville, Mass.). It is an open source project that has been around
since about 1999 and is pretty mature. There is an Incident Response
add-on, but some like it and some don't. Most just use the RT as it
comes and are very pleased with it, its capabilities and flexibility. Of
course, the price is right. We plan to implement this.

We have been using RT (not RT for IR, just the 'classic' version) since
2003.

--
~Jonny Sweeny, GSEC, GCWN, SSP-CNSA
Incident Response Manager, Lead Security Analyst