Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Software for Tracking Security Incidents

From: "Pace, Guy" <gpace () CIS CTC EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:10:32 -0700

There is also RT: Request Tracker from Best Practical Solutions, LLC
(Somerville, Mass.). It is an open source project that has been around
since about 1999 and is pretty mature. There is an Incident Response
add-on, but some like it and some don't. Most just use the RT as it
comes and are very pleased with it, its capabilities and flexibility. Of
course, the price is right. We plan to implement this.

Guy L. Pace, CISSP
Security Administrator
Center for Information Services (CIS)
3101 Northup Way, Suite 100