Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Software for Tracking Security Incidents

From: James Moore <jhmiso () RIT EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:21:07 -0400

Purdue developed a product called the CERIAS incident response database.
RIT provided some design review and debugging support.  We ran out of
funds and manpower to create a user-friendly system administrators
manual.

It had a lot of great features
 - a hierarchy based system for the protection of the confidentiality of
incident information
 - me ability to skip certain types of identity information to provide
trend analysis / statistics
 - templating systems for common incident types
 - templating system for computer registration, including capability to
describe defenses and types of data
 - robust contact information capability
 - ability for students to record compromises that they had experienced

jim