Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Questions about Firewall Exceptions

From: "Greg T. Grimes" <gtg4 () MSSTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:11:17 -0500

I'm posting this for Wesley.  He would like for anyone in the area to
come to the course.  I know Wesley personally and know that he knows what
he is doing and will present a great course for everyone.  Thank you for
your time.

I'd like to announce the first of hopefully many local SANS training
classes at Mississippi State University, in cooperation with the Center
for Computer Security Research.

http://www.sans.org/staysharp/details.php?id=3841&portal=83cf80078786114c9a68eb

...or if that long URL wraps or otherwise messes up:

http://tinyurl.com/3aweq3

This is an excellent opportunity to learn some of the skills, tools, and
techniques used in the analysis of network traffic, anomalies, and
incidents.  Not only will this allow you to perform network analysis on
current protocols, you'll learn some of the core skills necessary to apply
these techniques to new and/or unfamiliar protocols.

The course will be held on the Mississippi State campus, on Thursday, May
10th, from 6 to 9 PM.  The course fee is $375.00, and a laptop is
required.

Follow the link(s) above for more information, and feel free to contact me
directly with any questions!

Wesley
wesley () mcgrewsecurity com

--