Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Log management

From: Kees Leune <C.J.Leune () UVT NL>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:17:43 +0100

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 01:43:05PM -0500, Mark Bauer wrote:
   Kevin,

   We are also looking into the same things.

   I would appreciate any insight you gain from your RFI

Interesting thread! I am currently in the final phase of product selection and
we are starting the next phase of the project soon. Our choice has been to
select the Cisco MARS appliance. Basically, there are a whole lot of software
as well as hardware solution out there and they more or less do the same. I
found the differentiating factors to be the match of the product with our
internal architecture and pricing. Maybe interesting for reporting to
management: Gartner has a Magic Quadrant on Security Information Event
Monitoring (SIEM) that covers many of the products mentioned in the thread.

-Kees