Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Log management

From: Chris Green <cmgreen () UAB EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:37:46 -0600

Can splunk deliver automated reports?  Last I played with it, it seemed
like something that might be good for people to go troubleshoot an issue
but not something that could easily automate reporting on specific
activities.

I had the same problem after viewing an ArcSight demo for their Logger
device.  Seems great for centralizing, bad for automated reporting.  I'm
explicitly not looking for something that does real-time alerting ala
OSSEC for many of these things.