Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Log management

From: Jason Richardson <JasonR () GWM SC EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:36:59 -0500

I am surprised not to see LogLogic on your list (although it does appear
on Greg's list) as they seem to be at least one of the vendors of choice
for orgs like SANS.  We're going to be going through this process soon
so we would be very interested in whatever data you have when it is
available.

Thanks,

Jason Richardson
Information Security Manager
University of South Carolina
University Technology Services
jasrich () sc edu
803-777-0392

mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU 01/31 8:34 AM >>>
Hi Charlie:
If you aren't in a hurry touch back with me in a month or so and I
should have some good data to share with you. We have an RFI for a
solution out now and the following is a list of just a few of the
vendors who have stated they are responding:

IBM/ISS
CISCO
Secure State
Fusion
CA
HP
Cambia
Tripwire
and a handful of local vendors

If anyone else wants a summary of what we find out just let me know and
I'll send it your way.

-Kevin