Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Extremely High Spam Statistics

From: Mark Poepping <poepping () CMU EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:44:45 -0500

Has anyone defined and/or used any 'specific rich metric' for mail delivery
to accommodate reporting of mail delivery statistics?  In particular,
blocks, connection drops, a-v cleansing, a-spam classification and drops,
perception of user-classified spam (that got through), plus actual delivery
stuff, of course..  I realize that some of these things are hard to do or
maybe don't map to plenty of product implementations, I'm just trying to
understand whether anybody's thought about or done anything toward it - we
have been thinking about it and like the notion.

respond.  Thanks.

Mark.

Mark Poepping

Head IT Architect, Computing Services; Carnegie Mellon