Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Honeypot in Netherlands mirroring entire DNS structures for some .edu's

From: "H. Morrow Long" <morrow.long () YALE EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:37:52 -0500

yale.eu is registered (by  ASSA ABLOY AB  in Sweden-- I believe they
own the Yale Lock company in the US now) but is not 'mirrored'.

I think you are seeing a domain name squatter on uiuc.eu  -- it is
registered (at www.eurid.eu) to:

% WHOIS uiuc
Domain:      uiuc
Registered:  Fri Apr  7 2006

Registrant:
   Please visit www.eurid.eu for webbased whois.

Agent Technical Contacts:
   Phone:         +31.314399933
   Fax:           +31.314399934
   Email:         support () nl cleanport com

Registrar:
   Name:      CleanPort
   Website:   www.cleanport.com

Nameservers:
   dns4.blixem.nl
   dns5.blixem.nl

%
[ http://www2.whois.eu/whois/
GetWhois.htm;jsessionid=F1D5F2E773414D12F7414CD5E513DCB4 ]

Domain details
Domain
Name    uiuc
Status  REGISTERED