Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Honeypot in Netherlands mirroring entire DNS structures for some .edu's

From: "John C. A. Bambenek" <bambenek () CONTROL CSL UIUC EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:22:49 -0600

At what point did we start considering (at best) domain squatters to be
legitimate?

At what point do I need to start practicing "most privilege" to ensure
maximum vulnerability to malicious users, simply because "our European
friends" can't clean up their own house?

Have we all simply given up information security and decided our time would
be spent better running around with McAfree CDs and tweaking our spam
filters?