Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Product request - Enterprise whole disk encryption for laptops

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 11:59:14 -0400

We are also looking at various solutions for complete laptop HDD encryption
and pre-boot authentication.

FREE CompuSec was recently mentioned on one of my other lists.  Does anyone
have any experience with this product?  It seems pretty feature rich for
free, although it seems it is limited to AES 128 encryption rather than AES
256?  Obviously they want to sell you on their two factor authentication
product, but the free base product looks interesting for Windows and Linux,
too bad there is no OS X support yet.

Features:
Pre-Boot-Authentication
Password Management
Single Sign On
Hard Disk Encryption
Encryption of Diskettes, CD-ROM & Removable Media - CDCrypt
Advance VPN Client for Secure Connection to Corporate Networks
Encryption of Individual Files - DataCrypt
Encryption of Server Files & Subdirectories - SafeLan
Encryption of Voice Communication - [ClosedTalk]
Identity Management

http://www.ce-infosys.com.sg/CeiProducts_FREE_compusec.asp

---
Dave Koontz