Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Product request - Enterprise whole disk encryption for laptops

From: Cam Beasley <cam () AUSTIN UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:37:53 -0500

http://www.safeboot.com might also be worth a look..

~cam.

--
Cam Beasley
University Information Security Officer
Information Security Office
ITS | University of Texas at Austin
cam () austin utexas edu | 512.475.9476

On 7/14/06 2:36 PM, "Youngquist, Jason R." <jryoungquist () CCIS EDU> wrote:

I'm currently investigating whole disk encryption for laptops with
confidential information.  In the event a user forgets his/her
passphrase, we need a solution so administrators can retrieve the
information off of the hard drive.

So far, I've looked at PGP Whole Disk Encryption for Enterprises which
looks quite promising, but I was wondering if anyone has come across
other more cost-effective solutions which work well.

Thanks.
Jason Youngquist
Network Security Analyst
Technology Services