Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: "Porn-surfing hits taxpayer IDs"

From: Jere Retzer <retzerj () OHSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:07:32 -0700

Chris Green, UAB wrote: One idea we're thinking about doing for this type of data is setting up a terminal server farm
where we know what's on the systems.  Anyone gone down that route of emulating mainframe computing again?

We actually do that quite a lot in some areas and it works well. I'm wondering if a trojan like the one described in
the article might be able to harvest data from the terminal session - screen scraping, whatever. Any insights into this
possibility? Thanks