Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Tandberg Videoconferencing via ISA or NAT?

From: Kyle Barger <kbarger () LTSP EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:23:47 -0400

Charlie Prothero wrote:

If anyone has a similar setup, I would most appreciate hearing how you
made it work…

Hi Charlie,
We have a similar situation with a Tendberg 3000 on our NAT-ed network.
 We couldn't get it to work until I discovered this.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20040113-h323.shtml

"Releases based off 12.2T must be running a version of IOS that is based
off 12.2(11)T or later and must have the hidden command ip nat service
h323all enabled. The default condition for this command is disabled."

If you have a Cisco router somewhere that might be it.

As I recall there is a screen on the 3000 where you can enter the inside
& outside addresses when using NAT.  Once we resolved the router issue
it worked fine.
--
Kyle Barger
Director of Information Services