Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Tandberg Videoconferencing via ISA or NAT?

From: Charlie Prothero <Charlie.Prothero () KEYSTONE EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:37:14 -0400

Hi, all!  We have a couple of Tandberg 2500 videoconferencing systems
that are primarily used inside our private network to connect our main
campus and a remote (T1 connected) site 60 miles away.  They work great,
but have never needed to connect anywhere but to each other.  Now, we're
looking at connecting to the outside world for the first time, and the
documentation we have isn't clear on how to do that.  We use 10.x.x.x
private addresses inside our network and have MS NAT and ISA servers for
connectivity to the Internet.  We have tried simply turning on NAT in
the Tandberg's codec, and supplying the address of our NAT box, but
we're obviously missing something.  ISA seems to have a comprehensive
H.323 gatekeeper module, but all documentation I have on it is geared
towards Netmeeting, and I don't know how applicable that would be.

If anyone has a similar setup, I would most appreciate hearing how you
made it work...

Thanks!

- Charlie

Charlie Prothero