Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Image SPAM Increase?

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:01:46 -0400

Joe St Sauver wrote:

If you're running SpamAssassin or a SpamAssassin derivative, the
weights associated with SpamAssassin tests should not be taken as
cast in stone. Adjusting suitable tests upwards may be all you need
to take care of the issue.

I'll check but I don't think our Mirapoint systems currently
give us the capability to tune the underlying SpamAssassin
engine. Also, I'm told our Mirapoint configuration is set
to use Rapid-antiSPAM as an engine rather than SpamAssassin
but I guess that could be changed.

A question for those of you running tunable anti-spam solutions...

How often do you find it necessary to tune?

thanks,

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer