Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Awareness Week or Month

From: Jim Schug <schugj () MATC EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:35:48 -0500

October is CyberSecurity Month  - Awareness does not end when the day is
done!!

    The week leading up to September 11th every year is Global Security
Week. www.globalsecurityweek.com/

At 06:27 PM 8/23/2005, you wrote:
Does anyone have a clue about whether there is, and when, a national
security awareness week or month?  I've searched everyplace I can think of
and while lots if institutions declare a week or month for security
awareness for themselves, I can't find a common or national one.  Thanks
for your help.

Patricia

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
        Attitude determines how well you do it.
-Lee Holz

Jim Schug
Information Security Instructor
http://oncampus.matc.edu/infosec
Milwaukee Area Technical College
5555 West Highland Road, Mequon, WI 53092  USA
Phone: (262) 238-2267