Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: furor over Cisco IOS router exploit erupts at Black Hat

From: Steve Bernard <sbernard () GMU EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:58:53 -0400

Good points.  From what I have read, the underlying vulnerabilities
have been fixed in the latest versions of IOS, although this may just
be PR talk.  In any case, it highlights the need to stay abreast of
current developments with your critical infrastructure components and
to patch/upgrade your hardware's software/firmware, not just your
Windows boxes ;-)

Steve